Board of Trade
The New Dundee Board of Trade was organized by a group of businessmen and citizens interested in the welfare of the community. It played an important role in the development of New Dundee. The Board of Trade was initially responsible for street lighting, fire protection, policing, sanitation and garbage collection, and the erection of street signs.
Residents of New Dundee continue to benefit from the efforts of the Board of Trade. The Board of Trade sponsors many organizations and events such as:
- The Boy Scouts
- Ice time for hockey tournaments and figure skating
- Sponsor for the Ambassador to the Fair Competition
- Christmas Fruit Baskets to needy seniors
- The annual Remembrance Day ceremony
- Financial contribution to the New Dundee Parks Improvement Initiative
To financially support these and other projects, members of the Board of Trade hold three annual fundraisers:
- Fish Fry in September
- Pancake breakfast in March
- Community barbeque during New Dundee’s Victoria Day celebrations.
For contact information, please refer to the Contact Us tab on the home page.
Dinner meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month, from September through to May. If you would like to attend, please contact the Board of Trade, and you will be more than welcome.
The Optimist Club of New Dundee was founded in 1976. All funds raised by the club are used to sponsor youth activities, equipment and events in our community, including the Soapbox Derby, the Children’s Christmas Party, the Easter Egg Hunt, and the Mother’s Day Brunch.
The purpose of the Optimist Club is as follows:
- To develop optimism as a philosophy of life
- To promote an active interest in good government
- To inspire respect for the law
- To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people
- To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of all, the community, and the world
For more information, see the Optimist Club website.
The New Dundee Women’s Institute is the largest branch in Canada with 60 members has existed for over 100 years, since 1907. We offer high quality education and support programs, advocate for social and economic change and work towards the personal growth and empowerment of women.
For more information, see the Women’s Institute website at: www.newdundeewomensinstitute.ca
The Wilmot Horticulture Society is comprised of novice and seasoned gardeners. Meetings provide a great opportunity to make new friends who share their love for gardening. As a very active group, we offer
- Garden Tours
- Plant Show and Share
- Civic Beautification
- Junior Gardener’s Program
- Volunteer Opportunities
The Horticulture Club can be contacted at: email@example.com